View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Nancy Pelosi Going to Syria

felix,

He did not call it a conspiracy. It was some inaccurate information presented to congress. That's all. You're the one calling that incident a conspiracy, not us.

In the article in the begining of the thread all that is mentioned is that this is a fact finding mission. One article you linked was an op/ed piece that really has no point to it. The other one states that Pelosi is over there doing some BS peace propaganda stuff. Does not appear to be much going on. She said Israel and Syria want peace...ok well that's obvious. They are not going to change policy but still want peace. I can see that her attempt to go over there and assist in the peace process was not a productive one. Possibly even counter productive. But you have failed to get across the point that she should not have done it in the first place.

I still see this as an event that happens all the time when the republicans were in power but now that the democrats want to look into things it has become poor form. No one else seems to be filling the role of looking into foriegn policy matters outside of the Bush regime. We already know that they can not handle this on their own, maybe just maybe Pelosi going to other countries to look into things on her own can be a good thing. Not this time, but I certainly think that her and other members of congress should be free to investigate issues as they see fit. It may send mixed signals to other countries, but that comes with being a democracy. We are not a fascist state, we don't have the luxury of have a single figure of authority controlling all aspects of government policy.

downrage,

Sorry it took me this long to respond to his post. I'll speed up next time.