Thread: Greg's Digest
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Greg\'s Digest

I agree with Greg on the QQ hand but I think the analysis is lacking on the turn. All you note is that there was a 1/3 psb and a call. Then you give them a range and say it's an easy shove. There's a link missing, some sort of rationale that lead you to creating that range.

When I see the hand, the action is really sick because of the deep stacks and UTG calling the checkraise cold should send out big warning flags. BB on the flop can have a wide range of hands, many if not most of which are draws and one-pair hands. But the UTG call should worry you.

On the turn, however, we learn something really important about both hands. Here we have a huge pot brewing with deep stacks, and the turn was a total blank. If BB had a big hand or if UTG had a big hand, this is where they would show it. They would take this opportunity to take the pot down or charge the variety of draws out there. Real hands never bet that small on that turn given all this 3way action with deep stacks. Likewise, real hands never call such a small bet on the turn. This should be enough to reasonably conclude that both are drawing or have marginal hands so shoving looks correct.

Craig