View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Stop talking about the games getting harder...

[ QUOTE ]
But you said this is not about the debate about whether it has gotten harder.

So you claim to be targeting both sides of the debate with your argument.

One of those sides would have to lie to their friends if they chose to tell them that poker has not gotten harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well I guess that you can't avoid either side of the debate, and I the 100% percent comment was kind of an admission that that debate was unavoidable.

I think a lot of people have stopped growing as players, and now that a higher percentage of players know a little about the game, they chose to blame the government, instead of sharpening their skills. But not only that, their negativity reduces new players, and leads to a self-feeding cycle.

If more players remain positive and excited about the game, I believe that this will encourage new players, with a side benefit of making the games a little softer. However, softer games are a small benefit, the more people playing poker, the less authority the government has to do anything about it.

And why am I telling people to lie? I said I believe 100% that any person who devotes time and effort can beat some level of poker. If you disagree with this, I am not telling to lie, I am saying that you are wrong.