View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: 2-4 AJs what did I do wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
i fold flop with weak overs and BDFD. given that a flush draw is out there already, we may be reverse dominated, and the J completes an open ender (not to mention is easily counterfeited by many river cards such as K, Q, T, spade, etc), I give you 1 BDFD outs and 1.5 overcard outs...not nearly enough to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the best analysis of a hand I've ever read. It made sense to me at least. Even though it would be difficult (for many, including myself) to recognize all this in the 5-10 second given to act - it is still very correct in my eyes. And I'm sure I would've automatically called this with overs <u>AND</u> a BDFD as well. But I now think it's a fold.

Since you called, I think it's very likely you have the best hand on the turn. Doesn't look like anyone's got the 8T straight, so unless I'm missing something, the raise seems good to me. However, the Qs ties with the Ks for worst possible river. As others pointed out, I think you're beaten 99% of the time. I don't think it's even worth a crying call since you will keep your sanity when UTG and MP3 showdown a better hand.

Lastly, I felt like trying to predict the opponents hands for some reason here. Since they all showed down, can the OP (Hydrant) tell me how I do? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

SB - can't decide between weak jack (JT/J8), or QJ for two pair.
UTG - two spades (flush), either A9-A3 (sans A7), KT, or 89
MP3 - A very bad pair (such as 33-66 or 67), or KT (straight)