View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Identifying Your Father

Well this is a true story here in Idaho. I knew a struggling 19 year old kid who had never met his dad - his mother had died recently, but he saw a fellow on t.v. who looked exactly like him. I hadn’t seen the spot myself. But the kid set up a meeting at a country club with this guy and brought me along. Out of the 50 or so fellows in the club, I, within 10 seconds picked out a guy that looked like my friend and sure enough this was the fellow on t.v. We went over and sat by him and had a chat. As it turned out, the man agreed with my friend almost immediately that he was his dad and they and I had a great conversation at this club. The two of them seriously looked like clones. It was a fun encounter. Unfortunately a few days later, this very wealthy man died ( this was the days before DNA testing ). All I could think of was how my friend was gypped out of a substantial inheritance. My friend actually did worry for a while about the same thing, but ultimately, sans inheritance, he was happy that he was able to meet his dad just before his dad’s death.