View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Blogs: What do you read?

[ QUOTE ]
I just signed up for GoogleReader and I was curious how one blog will be updated and one won't does anyone know how that works exactly? For instance I have a blog by Gilbert Arenas that has all the updates but then I have one for Ben Gordon but it only has one thing on the GoogleReader but I click on it and he has multiple updates since the start of the year but the GoogleReaders last update says January 11th?

Thanks for all of the great blog posts as well I've added many today.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that you've subscribed to a stale (no longer updated) feed for that blog. Google Reader (or any RSS reader) only knows about the posts that make it into the published feed. Sometimes bloggers muck with the feed settings and break things. Often there's a feed for posts only and another for comments; also, many use both Atom and different versions of RSS. If they don't know what they're doing, they could stop publishing one form of the feed. View the text of the feed link from the website and see if any reference to the current post is there. Also make sure that the link you're checking is the same one you subscribed to.