View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: another view on variance

I too would rather play with worse players who get lucky than solid players who are tougher to play against, and the pots with tougher players tend to be on the smaller side.

Example: Wev'e all been sucked out on the river before right? Happens all the time. It happened to me live about a month ago when some guy called my all-in bet on the turn when I was holding Aces up, he paused right before he called and said the typical "I gotta call you dude, I'm open ended". He had no where near the odds(didn't know what they were either) to call but he did, made his str8 and that was that. I said nice hand to him and he replied, sorry but I had to call. At first I thought "what an idiot", but then quickly realized that even though I lost my stack, this was exactly the kind of a call that I wanted from a player like this: Getting all my $ in when I had the best of it. Bad short term results but isn't this where we make our most money in the long run, from other players bad decisions and our correct decisions?