View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Brainstorm: Building a coin-op laundry route empire (F&I X-post)

[ QUOTE ]
So, here's another run of the numbers. By my math, $2.98/sale x 56 households x 2 loads/week = $333.76/week. Multiplied by 52 weeks/year and divided by 12 months/year = $1446/month. I'll assume profit sharing (in leiu of rent) is 50/50. Payments on the loan you describe should be $255/month according to the calculator at fool.com.

Gross profit = 1446
Rent = (723)
Utilities = included!
Loan pymts = (255)
Maintenance = (133)
Insurance = (70)
NET PROFIT = $265/month for first 5 years ($520/mo. for some time after)

Average over 10 years = $392.50/month

You're also right that plenty of deductions will be available to sweeten the bottom line. Also, if I can get a 40/60 split, that's another $145/month in my pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I forgot to add debt service. And generally, my number were janky and wrong. Your numbers are right.

Also, if the local places in your immediate area charge $2 per wash, I'd charge probably 2.25. As for drying, typically, customers pay .25 for a set number of minutes. Usually its about .25 for 5 minutes. You can set those dryers to whatever you want - .25 for 4 minutes, whatever. IMO, it looks like you're making out better. Prob its a 15 or 20 min cycle for 1.50. Thats great. Keep the dryers the same price, but raise the washing to just over the market rate. After all, you're providing them with the convenience of not having to schlep all their dirty undies to the laundromat. They'll pay for the convenience.