View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: EPASSPORTE thread. (#2 of 2.)where did you use your cards?

[ QUOTE ]
EPass customer service eats my ass

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the last post of the last thread and I don't think anyone saw it:

[censored] epassporte. [censored] this [censored] piece of [censored] company.

I forgot to notify the company before traveling to Thailand. This was a little negligent on my part, but obviously understandable. I made two withdrawals in Thailand and they froze my account. Totally understandable. But they never actually notified me that my account had been locked. I was even able to log in normally, check my balance etc. Only when I tried to send a peer transfer did I get a message informing me my account was temporarily suspended. WTF? [censored] [censored].

I then sent them a message on the internal message thing. I waited three days and heard nothing. I couldn't call them because my Vonage phone wouldn't work on the [censored] POS backwater internet connection we had. Finally we got our new connection and I called them. I was informed I would be getting an email. When a similar thing occurred with neteller, all they needed to do was call me and ask me some basic security questions. Epass wants a picture of my dick:

Quote:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
• A Copy of a Government Issued Photo ID
• A Copy of a voided check
• A Copy of the most recent bank statement of the checking account
• A Copy of the Front AND Back of the Credit/Debit card used to load the ePassporte Account.
• A Copy of the most recent statement of the Credit/Debit card used to load the ePassporte Account, which clearly displays your address (or a copy of a Utility bill with legible address, if not on your Credit/Debit card statement).

Obviously I don't travel with a copy of my bank statement and canceled checks. So I explain that I'm in foreign country and don't have my bank statement, but happily provide extra information like scans of my visa stamps and even a picture of me holding my passport.

I hear nothing for 3 1/2 days.

I call them again and they tell me there was a problem and my pictures were never actually sent along with my message.
Great [censored]! Thanks for the fantastic [censored] communication!

I resend the information, don't hear anything for 24 hrs and call them. "We'll send you an email soon!" [censored] wonderful. It only took them another 12 hours.

I get an email telling me that the debit card I sent in is wrong and that they still need my bank statement. I reply and tell them that card I scanned is a replacement because I lost the original. It has my name, is from the same bank, and has an expiration date several months after the original. This shouldn't be a problem, right? I once again tell them that I don't have my most recent bank statement because I'M IN A FOREIGN [censored] COUNTRY AND CAN'T GET MAIL. HOW [censored] DENSE CAN YOU BE? I ask if screenshots from my online account will be ok.

48 hours pass.

I just called them and explain my situation. I'm told that I need A [censored] LETTER FROM THE MOTHER [censored] BANK EXPLAINING THAT MY CARD WAS REPLACED. LOOK [censored], I'M IN A FOREIGN [censored] COUNTRY AND CAN'T GET MAIL FROM MY BANK. The rep says he'll talk with his supervisor about it. After a few minutes he gets back on the line. Nope, they still need A [censored] LETTER FROM THE MOTHER [censored] BANK. I ask if a screenshot from the online banking site will be ok. He says he doesn't know. "YOU DON'T KNOW? HOW THE [censored] CAN YOU NOT [censored] KNOW? I'M OBVIOUSLY WHO I SAY I AM AND AM IN [censored] THAILAND WHERE I CAN'T RECEIVE MAIL." He says he's sorry, but it's company policy verify this. On the plus side, they seem to no longer be caring about the bank statement. [censored] this [censored] company.

I just sent in screenshots of purchases made with my old card and another showing the address matching what epass has on file. How long until they try to [censored] me some more? [censored] you [censored] you [censored] you. If anyone from epass is reading this, [censored] you, your [censored] company is going to go [censored] bankrupt. And you're unknowingly raising another man's child.