View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: another view on variance

Good point.

At pub poker the other night, i was on a table, in position against two of the worst donkeys ever seen 25 buck entry.

They were hitting, and busting everyone, with their soooted hands and all sorts of crud.

Then, i get it all in pf with kk vs a2 and 45s. Then, they have even more money after i am busted!

Truth is, i think only poor, immature poker players unable to deal with adapting to different playing styles complain about donkey calls.

With donkey calls, the money we LOSE, but 'should' win is really, really obvious. ie we lose the whole pot

However, when donkeys call, the money we win, but 'shouldnt' (due to their cruddy calls) is not really visible. We had the best hand, and we win a pot that is a bit bigger than it should be

After you play against a tougher crowd, it sucks to get no action.

I moved up on mtts on stars, and, i swear, i had five sets. The first four i made a half pot bet, and all folded. On the fifth, a moron called and went runner runner st8 to beat top set!

Truth is, i would much much much rather be playing against the player who BEAT me, and sucked out on me, than the first contingent who dropped on the flop when they 'should have'