View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Sweat Session Formats

Thanks to all who helped iron out the sign-up procedure for the sweat sessions. I'm sure there will be variations and changes made as it goes along, but it sounds like we've got a decent rough idea of what to do.

I promised I'd post about format, so here we go.

-roles-

'Sweater' - the person who comments
'Sweatee' - the person who gets commented. yes. commented. that's a verb now.

this should not be confused with 'sweetie', which is probably not how you should refer to your sweatee, unless you feel a very special way about him.

I'm leaving it up to each pair to decide if they want to a) try each role, or b) have both partners stay in the same role both times. Whatever goes on behind closed doors is none of my business, sweetie.

- realtime/post hoc -

This is also up to the partners. If both feel comfortable with it, the sweater can provide realtime comments to the sweatee DURING the hand. This may be considered by some to be a bit ethically dodgy, but I'm not going to make any pronouncements on the matter. It's not really my place, and those pictures of me and the donkey are still out there somewhere and I'd hate to have *another* scandal to deal with.

In the realtime variant, the sweater and sweatee can decide on what amount of control the sweater has. In some instances, the sweater basically plays the hand for the sweatee. Again, this is up to the partners. note that time usually prohibits long discussion. Keep your love poems to roughly haiku length.

The alternate form is to discuss hands AFTER they end. In this situation the sweater can provide comments to the sweatee after the hand ends. This may appeal more to those who feel the realtime discussion is a bit off.

I'm sure you guys can come up with other ideas. I'm not here to tell you HOW to do a sweat session, just to facilitate them. So go nuts. If you have a way that works for you, maybe share it with the group.

I think i'll post the first signup thread this weekend for all interested.