View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Bravos\' $10K live challenge yo!

[ QUOTE ]
Cool bravos1. I think the hardest part of this challenge is holding on to your roll and not splashing it on hookers and blow. Well, at least thats my problem when building a live roll.

A few questions:

- How do you do your record keeping?

[/ QUOTE ]
I record everything in excel
[ QUOTE ]

- Do you keep it in your head til you get home then write it down?

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually write it down in the car when my session is over. If my session happens to be after work, I usually just put it in my computer while still in the parking lot.
[ QUOTE ]

- Do you take notes at the table (you must look like a tool if you do this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah... I have a hard enough time paying total attention to the table while not in the hand as it is... no need to make that any worse, plus I have a decent memory for remembering hands to post, etc.
[ QUOTE ]

- What stats do you record? Just dollars and hours played?

[/ QUOTE ]
I record the following : Location, Date, Start time, session length, limit, and $$ results. I calculate a few additional things from those items.[ QUOTE ]

I ask all this because I started trying to do it when I was playing live lots. It just seemed like a pain keeping it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to keep up if you don't let it pile up and fall behind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

I used to try and record dollars and hands. I just kept losing track of the number of hands I palyed in a session and I didn't wanna look like the afore mentioned tool and keep notes at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you count hands?
[ QUOTE ]

I only ever played one limit (5/10) so that was easy enough for me. Are you keeping you winnings as a long term roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am keeping my winnings towards building a larger roll which will only be used for playing since I won't need the money for anything else.