View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Florida Senate - SB0810 to revise cardroom laws?

OK here's the latest, the place (Seminole Hollywood) goes smoke free at the poker tables (they can still smoke on the rails) as of Monday morning at 8:00 A.M....thats it! On Sunday evening when the clock struck 12:00 midnight the whole place went bananas cheering because everyone thought since it was officially Monday, that all the smokers would have to put out their cigarettes but they made an announcement that the new smoke free rule would not take effect until 8:00 A.M.

Spoke to the floor manager Robert about what has been written here and he didn't have a clue what I was taking about other than the smoke free issue.

Also, I played 171 raked hands in 7 hours and recorded that the total rake per hand reached the $5 max limit all of 14 hands. That's less than 10% of the total hands played. In addition, 99 of these 171 hands were played on an eleven (11) person table! I raise these facts in response to those who say that the tribe cannot make more rake revenue by raising the table stakes. Clearly, with higher table stakes, the pots by definition will be larger and more hands will reach the $5 maximum rake limit much more often thereby raising their revenues.