View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 2nd pair w/ nut flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
PF isnt the greatest but whatever.

The flop bet/3-bet AI is fine, especially vs. an aggro player. I don't like flat calling his raise as much...it leaves for really awkward turn play if we blank out and OOP.

When in position, you can make a case for calling a c/r or something like that. But when OOP, I like getting the $ in now. We have some FE vs. better hands, can see both streets if called, and have great equity vs. something like 9x. So...well played. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the hand is fine too, and I also think the reasoning in this post is good.

However, I did want to comment on what I placed in bold. FWIW, I think that given the pot size and the remaining stack sizes, we're already practically committed to showing down once our LAG opponent raises the flop. We'll be ahead sometimes on the turn no matter what Button does on that street, and when we're not (which is usually, if he bets enough that we're considering folding, which would pretty much have to be a push), we'll be getting about 7:4 with what will often be 14 clean outs.