Thread: lol kobe
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: lol kobe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so how many titles has nash won?

oh wait, that's right, zero.

just because a player has no titles (kobe has 3 btw (and yes he had shaq but w/e, jordan had pippen so you cant say jordan won a title by himself) doesn't mean he cant win MVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm I'm not arguing Kobe's place in history. I'm just saying that the MVP award is not a direct reflection of who the most valuable player actually is. As I said in a previous post if it was based on what it should be Kobe would win every year. So we have to alter our skew of who we think is the MVP based on the way the award is handed out now. Right now it's a two player race between Nash and Dirk.
But you hit the head on the nail when you said that neither of these guys have titles and Kobe does.

Ok now your Jordan Pippen vs Kobe Shaq comparison is a bit off because Kobe didn't have Shaq. Shaq had Kobe he was the Pippen player in the role not the other way around. People will always look at Kobe and say yeah he won 3 titles but he was playin with Shaq. People never say yeah Jordan won 6 titles but he was playing with Pippen. Jordan was the leader just as Shaq was. I agree with your assessment that the Lakers made the right choice but you see its on Kobe now to be the leader now and to bring them to a title and so far he hasn't and Shaq has gone on and played a supporting role and won another championship.

Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Maybe comparing to Jordan/Pippen to Kobe/Shaq is a bit off, I just don't think Shaq or Kobe has any titles if they dont have each other.

And to the point of Shaq winning a championship post-kobe, Shaq wasnt the leader of the Heat. That wasn't Shaq's title. That was Dwayne Wade. Without Wade, Heat doesnt make it past the Pistons and quite possibly go out in the first round to the Bulls.

And I think Kobe has done a fine job with the lakers given the supporting cast he has. Kobe is the reason the Lakers are in the playoffs. I almost want to say that if Kobe had Yao Ming/Steve Nash; The lakers could reach the finals and most likely win a title.