View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Someone please help me

VR,

"you are essentially telling someone that because she has been harassed by an unbalanced poster, she should never post anything remotely sexual, be a mod, or be an active poster."

No. I am telling someone that if they are going to be emotionally impacted by actions like that to the degree that she has explained in this thread, then imo it's not worth participating in the forum in the active manner that she does, because that kind of response is to be expected in this environment.

I say the same thing to people who get super frustrated and emotionally wrecked when they get unlucky at poker. I just tell them it's not worth it and they should find another hobby.

"I tend to be paranoid about the internet."

"I'm not liking it too much."

"I'm creeped out and wish I had never decided to mess around on the internet."

"how paranoid I am of the internet. I'm afraid he will track me down and murder me."

"I'm disappointed with myself."

Those are emotions that katy felt that came across as very sincere to me in her posts. If that's the kind of reaction someone gets from what is unfortunately behavior that comes with the territory of being a prominent, active member on a forum like this, then I don't think it's worth participating to the degree that she does. That's all.

This has nothing to do with katy being female. I've told numerous male posters who get all worked up on 2+2 that the best thing for them imo is to not participate actively on the forums.