View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Someone please help me

[ QUOTE ]
katy,

"I don't want to be the one who bans him because you guys don't know how paranoid I am of the internet. I'm afraid he will track me down and murder me."

This and other comments you made in the thread make it seem like you are genuininely disturbed by this stuff.

However, I just went to take a look at some of JJN's posts and saw this thread by you: "Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions" with the following joke in the OP: "(unless of course it's about 3-somes and then we would be glad to answer ok I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Of course it is your right to post whatever you want and people shouldn't send you inappropriate stuff. However, given the effect that had on you, I think it's a big mistake of you to make threads like that drawing attention to yourself and making jokes like that. I also frankly think it's probably a mistake for you to be a mod and such an active participant in the Lounge and 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post makes me very very angry.

Edit: To elaborate, unless this was a joke, which is entirely possible, you are essentially telling someone that because she has been harassed by an unbalanced poster, she should never post anything remotely sexual, be a mod, or be an active poster.

It is not a fun thing to be a woman on the internet sometimes. You learn that at any time, someone who has up to that point seemed like a perfectly well-balanced and nice person, someone you have had friendly and positive thoughts toward, could turn hostile and nasty, for no other reason than that you are a woman.

It's upsetting and a bit scary, especially when someone reads threads in OOT where posters use the tiniest scrap of information to go trainwreck some innocent third party.

If you are implying that katyseagull drew unwelcome attention to her with that joke, here's some news: women don't have to try to attract attention on the internet...welcome or otherwise. Katy could post nothing but recipes and someone like JJNJustin who is already a little off is still perfectly capable of sending her harassing pms.