View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Is it even worth playinig micro-limit HE online?

Well, yeah, so they play ok preflop. That's great. I haven't read SSHE in a while, but I believe it also says that after the flop is when the real money is won and lost in Texas Hold'em. Even at tough site like Full Tilt, the microlimit and small stakes players suck after the flop. A good player can easily profit from the other player's poor post flop play. Playing well pre-flop will not make you a winner at TX HE. Regardless, if the micro games at Full Tilt are are too tough for you, then consider these two options:
1. Get better at post flop play, and you can crush these games.
or
2. Find a softer site. I don't play at full tilt myself....been there, done that. There are too many sites out there where the players don't have a clue. It's almost like it's not real money at these stakes at some sites. Personally, I'm not going to learn to beat the full tilt guys when the other sites offer such soft games. That's my solution, and it works for me. Game selection is everything. If the games are not good at FT, then find a site where they are good. It's not that hard. I found one, but I suspect there are quite a few others. FWIW, I can beat the FT games, but the site I am playing now is just stupidly beatable. It's like the other players are rich philanthropists, and I'm their favorite charity. I had a guy push a 100BB stack pre flop w AQo yesterday in a full ring game. I had AA and instacalled. The guys I play with can't even play decent pre flop poker...and they are completely retarded after the flop comes out.

So move the hell off of full tilt if you have trouble beating the game. When I played there, I couldn't believe how much thought some of these 25NL players had put into their game. I had to find a site where people just came to gamble and play jerk off poker...so I tried some other sites and found they were much softer.

Also, if you are playing limit...consider making the move to NL. Good post flop strategy in No Limit will get more money with less risk...another way to look at it is that your advantage as a skilled player is higher at an NL game. Micro stakes No limit games at other sites are juicy as hell. I don't play limit anymore, so I don't really know what's up with that.