View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: The Ventitian now allows benjies to play in the 2/5NL?

Cash plays at Rio's NL2/5 $500 game. And at Sahara's $500 NL1/2 (and at their 2/4 game). Usually the rule is if cash plays, it's only $100's, but at Sahara I think any bills play.

Only "trouble" I've seen is when people make assumptions about how many bills folks are playing, or if someone has folded their $100's and effectively hidden 'em. And I haven't seen that happen in a coon's age.

I like bills playing because it seems to make things go a little faster. I can also just buy in for $300 or $500 without much worry about the stacks at the table I'm being sent to, and if I find $300 is the short stack I can add a few bills. It's also easy to add a bill or two after your AJs loses to Q4 after AXX flops and Q4 goes all-in for his last $81 and hits runner-runner Q4 for two pair (to pick a hand not at all at random from tonight).

Some folks hate bills playing because it's hard to tell at a glance how much someone has, so yeah, it makes it a little easier to exceed the buy-in cap just 'cause bills can be slipped in a bit less noticably than lots of chips or large denomination chips. Just haven't seen that as an issue.