Thread: Baldness
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Baldness

Thank you!

Jeez, I have posted more in the past two days than I have in the past year, it seems like!

[ QUOTE ]
My family (mostly women) are extremely judgemental about hair. If you've got b00bs, you have to have long, flowing, blonde hair. I finally found a good stylist though, and experiment far more with my hair now than I used to. Hair is still serious business to my family, though! Today, I have 'boy' hair in the back and I know that later, when I see my mother, she will probably make some comment about it. She'll tell my aunts, cousins and grandmother about it, and there will be no appreciation that it looks better on me as a 5 foot tall petite girl than face covering, shapeless hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
This kind of family peer pressure really bothers me. My family tried to force me into that lifestyle, and I balked. I left the town and the state. I absolutely refuse to engage when they attempt that BS and state that they will be without my presence if they don't let me live my own life, and be who I want to be. It has sort of made me somewhat of a black sheep, but I am also very respected and my family does not cross inappropriate lines anymore with me.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for posting this. For what it's worth, I loved the Susan Powter blonde spike look you had going for a bit there. It's beautiful and looks very empowering and therefore sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome, and I hope you got something out of it.

As far as the Susan Powter look, people seemed to love that on me. Go figure. I just bleached it white to hide the gray, lol. But that look has passed. I have some kind of spot on my lung (not cancer) which makes it impossible to bleach my hair anymore (can't breathe!!!). Maybe I will get better, but I don't want the spot to turn to cancer just for vanities sake, yanno!

I have some temporary color, but it won't go white, that is for sure.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]