View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM

Default The fish need validation.

I was playing in a $10.00, 27 player S&G the other day. The blinds were somewhere around 50/100. BB checked/raised all in on a flush draw w 86s in his hand. The button called with AK, no pair, no draw. Both players were medium stacks. The BB hit his flush and busted the other guy. Then he typed “nice call idiot.”

Well, I always have to sharkscope a trash talker, especially one who ch/ra all in on a weak draw. It was no surprise that he was down $1064 in 500ish games. Now, of coarse he was right about the guy calling (it was a huge overbet)... but that is kinda irrelevant, in my opinion.

I should have stayed out of it, but I couldn’t help but to quote his stats and tell him that he should wait to become a winning player before he calls a player names. Another player (one who is up $3000ish) joined me.

The losing player told us that those stats mean nothing because all the pros say that they were losing players before they hit their first “big win” to establish a bankroll.

Now, I don’t know if that is true or not... but what a smart thing to say! I suppose it is VERY +EV to tell the fish that they are just one win away from becoming a pro like them. By validating the suckers denial, you keep them coming back for more. Thank you, pros of the game, for keeping those deposits coming! I learned something that day, & it will now become an important part of my game... validating the fish.