View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Phil Gordon Says Bluff Magazine Best in Industry. WTF??!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When you read Cardplayer three years ago there were always a number of well written technical articles on poker that can help you improve your game, rather than a bunch of stupid poker foolishness like you see in newer issues of Cardplayer, Bluff, and All-In.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

I'm being a bit snarky, but CardPlayer had taken a turn for the worse, as the articles have mostly gotten watered down to newbie level or are just ridiculous fluff pieces that shamelessly kiss up to that week's coverboy/covergirl. I really haven't read Bluff besides skimming it in a cardroom. I had a charter subscription to All-In. That magazine was a load of caca run by buffoons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the worst recent trend with Cardplayer is their constant slurping up to Full Tilt. The article on the tournament in Australia won by Gus Hansen was disgusting. Why do I care how many "Full Tilt pro" made it to Day 3 or whatever, and why do I need to see four Full Tilt logos in every photo? The have really damaged their journalistic credibility in my eyes. Still the best poker magazine out there though.