View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Book Announcement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how well this book will sell.

Online SNGs have been on the decline for several reasons. Most notably is that the structure of paying 3 spots presents an obvious necessary strategy: tight early and loose-aggressive late. As the online games are getting tougher, a lot of SNG players have switched to cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the opposite viewpoint as you on this one. Even though online SnGs may be suffering, a lot of people including my friends play tournements with similar styles to SnGs. I feel there will be a market for people who are not professionals but still play in a lot of home tourneys

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly-most home game tourneys are essentially SNGs, based on the number of players, paying more than 1 spot, and a quick blind structure.

Maybe Mason/someone can come up with a title that works the home game aspect in without being too clumsy? I might also shy away from the word "Online" in the title in a post-UIGEA world.

I'm guessing this has to be a pretty good book because I have the feeling that Mason/David are probably pretty brutal in judging unsolicited manuscripts.