View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: from value to bluff

[ QUOTE ]
whats with this obsession everyone has with 3 betting all our hands from the big blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in this case it's because our hand has a nice equity edge vs. the buttons range, and most (not all) people will play better postflop with the lead in this spot OOP. Not that it always has to be a 3 bet, if you arent 3 betting it should be purley for metagame/deception and so that you can bluff c/r A high flops against thinking opponents who now have to give you credit for a much wider range.

As for the hand victor, i would always bet here. Any PP > 55 will VB if you check, and i dont know about your image but i definitly get called by Q high here a decent amount. I don't expect to induce bluffs here very often except from specifically 22-44, but i think pairs bet that turn card most of the time. Also, with the games playing the way the do today, the more rivers you can bet without having the move be -EV (which i dont think betting here is) the better for your image in general since people just keep showing down lighter and lighter.