View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Default WPT Online banning Canadian players

I've never played at this site, and I don't think many people do, but I believe I signed up way back when. Anyway, I got this disturbing email just a few moments ago:

"Dear Valued Player,

We are sorry to inform you that we will be suspending all accounts registered by players from Canada effective from the 13th April 2007. Due to recent developments in the global Internet gaming environment and following a review of the legalities of online gaming within Canada, we have determined that it is inappropriate for us to continue accepting online wagers from Canada.

We will be suspending all Canadian accounts on 13th April 2007 09:00 EST, we ask that you please withdraw any funds before this date and time. Neteller has also announced that it will cease processing Canadian transactions from 9th April 2007. If you use NETELLER to transact with us you will need to withdraw any remaining funds in your account BEFORE the 9th April 2007.

After the 13th April, you will not be able to login into your account. However, you will be able to initiate a withdrawal of your funds by calling our customer support center at +44 845 408 5508.

We appreciate your patronage and apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Customer Service Team
WPT Online

Neteller Members can find more information at http://content.neteller.com/content/...ate_canada.htm

The World Poker Team"

No legal action has been taken against online gambling in Canada, yet these cowards back out because of Neteller.