Thread: The Wall
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Default The Wall

So I'm currently in pretty putrid shape. I'm 5'9", I weigh 180, and I deal with a fair amount of aches and pains from leading the office life. I was at one time a good athlete. I used to weigh 155-160 when I was younger. Played all sports, blah blah blah it's the same old story you hear a jillion times. I'd like to get back to that, maybe more in the 160-165 range, and become much stronger in my upper body.

Anyway, on to my point. I currently eat pretty well, and I'm trying to exercise more. I think I'm going to join this gym.

Here's my dilemma, though. I hit a major wall, often right around 5 or 6 o'clock, everyday. I typically leave work anytime between 5 and 7 o'clock. If I become serious about this, I could work it so I start coming to work at 8 instead of 9 so I that I would usually leave work right at 5 (barring the occasional but unavoidable late nights). I find it difficult to motivate myself to do ANYTHING when this happens, even simple stuff like doing the dishes when I get home. So if I want to start working out right after work, I need a plan, otherwise I'll be throwing my money away.

How many of you experience this? How do you deal with it? Tips, tricks? All comments appreciated.