View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Default 10/20 and 20/40 live reasonable ROI

Those who play live regularly please answer this one.

I keep hearing different things about live tables and ROI. One person tells me because higher limits are softer and a good player can read his opponents his ROI in live games is higher than 1 BB per hour.

From what I understand, actually told me by Ed Miller, is that if you do very well at 3/6 online, then live 10/20 and even 20/40 you should do good also. I have played live 10/20 and most of the player play like the 2/4 online.

I prefer live play. I read players extremely well. I Read Mike Caro's book several times, I am self aware of my tells, look for them in others. I take notes of tells and keep track comparing them to other players. I have found them vary useful especically in NL tournaments. I even figure out opponents hands when I am not in the hand. I also have good instincts. I know reads help in live play but how much can it help? Can you make 2 BB per hour or more playing live higher limits?

I mean comparing playing 4x 3/6 online to 1x 10/20 live with reads. You should make $30 at 3/6 r tabling. Can you make $30-$40 at 10/20 live? I know the variance is more and rake is more genrally.

My problem is I can't stare at a PC focused on poker for more than 2 hours. My brain starts getting tired playing 4-5 tables. 1 table live I can play for 8 hours easy.

http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/