Thread: Archery
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Archery

I used to shoot a lot, from about the time I was 10 until 18. I have not shot for the past 5 or 6 years, but am hoping to pick it up again soon. I've always shot traditional archery, I've owned two different Bear recurve bows, both hand me downs, and both worked well for me. The bow I have now is a 52" which is too short even for me at 5'6".

I've helped build and tune some reflex/deflex fiberglass limb longbows that we made when I was high school, sometime when I have the time I hope to build some more because it is pretty interesting, and not really that much work now that I have the forms and kiln, etc.

My father built a couple of stickbows out of Osage Orange but he never had much luck with them lasting, they would dry out too much and crack. Fun to play with, but not very practical.

One of my goals for the near future is to get back into target shooting, I can do it in my back yard as I face a hill and have a good target. I've done some bowhunting in the past but never really got into it, I would prefer to practice more as a hobby and to be good at something that takes me outside again.

I can attempt to answer questions about shooting traditional archery, no sights, no wheels, and no releases. Anything else I would be completely lost on. It has been a while, but I don't think that traditional archery has changed at all in the past 5 or 6 years.