View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 AM

Default AK v short stack

Im still struggling with how to play AK in no limit and would like to get some feedback on how i should be thinking in this type of situation. I know in a tournament it would probably be an easy call but not sure about how i should play in a cash game. I have seen me fold AK in this type of situation to a reraise this size as often it means im up against AA, KK, QQ especially if the guy has a bigger stack but given mp1's short stack i know he is likely to make this play with a wider range of hands. Should I be willing to call his allin reraise given that i am a slight dog to a pocket pair. Seems like its wrong to get the money in when im taking slightly the worst of it. I felt that If he had just called i would probably have made a continuation bet anyway which would basically have committed him to the rest of his chips so decided to call. How do you guys think when faced with an allin reraise with AK against a short stack and how big of an allin are you willing to call in this type of situation.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $74.11
Hero: $23.95
UTG+2: $15.50
MP1: $3.55
MP2: $9.50
MP3: $16.95
CO: $26.45
Button: $17.90
SB: $22.40
BB: $22

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $3.55</font>, 6 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.5)

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.5)

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.5)

Results:
Final pot: $7.5
<font color="#ffffff">MP1 shows 9c 9s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Kd Ad</font>