View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: getting scammed by the sushi place - whats your play?

[ QUOTE ]
i doubt you were the victim of a premeditated scam.

you made your own bed when you agreed to try what he made without clarifying your position on free sushi. i work in a (booze) bar, and if i offer a customer an off-menu concoction of my own and they say "sure" and don't say anything further, it goes on their tab.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, i wouldn't have cared if it was on the tab. but the fact that they just lumped it all together made it seem as if they didn't want us to know we were charged for it. and that annoyed me. that could just be how they bill their customers there, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

i think there's a decent chance that there were no shady intentions, which is why we just paid the tab with a good tip and left. it just bugs me that they got away with it if they were deliberately scamming.

[ QUOTE ]
however, if they ask "is it on the house?" or something, i will almost always give it to them gratis. once. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

we should have done that, but i just assumed it would be comped because i've had similar offers at sushi bars before and that's how its always been.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: i would suggest one more trip to said sushi bar, where you only order things you know and love, and then see if they lump it all together again. if you get an itemized list, consider yourself off-ripped.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably what we'll do. dan said he's gonna go back. i'm not sure that i will.