Aesop Rock
Murs
Vast Aire
Kanye West
El-P
RA the Rugged Man
Lyrics Born
Lupe Fiasco

That's just from scanning a folder on my "HOT FIRE STEP BACK YOU'RE TOO CLOSE" folder.

Again, I'm not going to argue with you over why I think these guys are better, because it's a waste of our time. We apparently have different standards, I obviously think my standards are better than yours.

The part where I'm going to claim victory is that I've likely been listening to and talking about hip-hop for about a decade longer than you have, and I'm pretty sure than in the end more people worth listening too are going to agree with me than you.

Pac had amazing charisma, but his lyrics are banal, got hella repetative on the albums you mention, his message was marred by both his actions and his other songs, his flow required constant use of doubles... asldfjasd.... stopping this before I get more annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care much for Pac myself, but you essentially lose all credibility in discussing hip-hop when you suggest that the above are better in any way than Pac.

You can claim your victory over whoever you want, but if you've been listening to crap for 20 years, you've still been listening to crap. I sat on the sidelines as you dumped on some greats, made some good points, and touted mediocre pap, but this list just makes this whole thread laughable. The names I took out all speak for themselves, but the remainder I left couldn't carry a real MC's jockstrap.

EL P? Vast Aire? Slug? jesus. these guys are hip hop for lame philosophy majors to listen to while contemplating the relevance of Kerouac's time in Mexico City. BOOOORING.