View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Why \"x% of people have y% of the wealth\" is irrelevant.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, this is such a corner case since there were SO FEW people of such great privilege. Even if a few people back then were better off than the janitors of today, clearly the 5th percentile of today is better off than the 95th percentile of 500 years ago. 99th and 1st percentiles are a bigger stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. But like I said, Victoria was pretty recent. I might trade places with her (but probably not). Constantine? No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a Roman Emperor with loads of sex slaves, all the alcohol he wants (hookers and blow of the time?), all day to sit on his ass and crap in his gold toilet. I mean, come on, that had to be better than cleaning crap from McDonalds. You can't be serious. It's not like these guys have plasmas and ipods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about the sex slave angle, but the only thing I'd want with them is to free them. Being drunk constantly wouldn't be fun at all. People who think that being drunk constantly is fun have a very warped perception of what "fun" is IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the emperor of $*&$ing ROME! You can free them and they'll still want to bang you constantly. I mean COME ON!

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be pretty sweet, but it's not as good as air conditioning. Also, easy sex isn't nearly as fun/rewarding as finding sex with someone you know's really into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Air conditioning? You live in ROME!! You have a more mild climate than Atlanta, you have chicks to fan you all day, you don't need Air Conditioning! You can probably swim in a pool of water all day if you want.

You don't think every chick will be into you? There are definite advantages in being "better off" than everyone around you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I've heard of these so-called "perfect climates" but I'm extremely skeptical. I like my temperature within a very narrow range.

2. Being into my money and power is not being into me. I know a lot of guys see it that way, but I damned well do not.

3. If I were Emperor of Rome, I would be responsible for running Rome. That kind of responsibility would be far more stressful than any job I've ever had.