View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Why did he play it like this? J9dd 15/30

Danza I totally empathize, I have a problem where I don't think any good players are really that good. I tend to focus on things I see them do that I perceive as wrong and ignore things they do well and possibly better than me. It leads me to label all my opponents as "mediocre TAG" who are good winning players and "dumb LAG" when they are a bit laggy.

It sounds like you are realizing there is some merit to playing it as he did - getting looked up light because it looks a bit semibluffy plus the difficult time you have re-raising him without a monster.

The counter play is either to play in a way where you are checking behind the turn a bit more (I think this sucks personally because you play into most people's hands and then you wind up calling lots of river bets with ace high and getting value bet to death) or 3 betting the turn with a wider range against a player like this. This needs to include semibluffs of your own from time to time to make him make a big mistake. Obviously he will hesitate to make this play on you if you can 3 bet the turn and bet the river and have hands like KQs or JTs here.

-DeathDonkey