Default Re: I\'m sooooooooo [censored] sick of country music

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you will end up liking it.

[/ QUOTE ]
sad but very very true

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close.
Some people just don't like it. Period. No matter how much exposure.
The more you are exposed the WORSE it gets for the most part.
I am one of those people when we're talking about most of the crap country modern stuff like Garth Brooks or Kenny chesney or whoever (but I can dig George Jones, Patsy Cline and some other classic stuff).

Didn't matter what places I worked at or what cool people I was associating with (or even dating) who liked it and maybe even tried to turn me on to it.
Still sucks.

First professional radio gig out of college was doing morning news at a country station. Arrrgh. That sucked.

Next gig was doing news and sports on a country station and I actually had to disc-jock the stuff in the afternoon.

It was 1994 and I had to take 27 phone-calls a day from 14 year-olds requesting Tim McGraw's "Don't Take the Girl" which may just be the worst song in the history of music.
Ummm, people, it's in our damn rotation REALLY heavy and I think we play it about every 17 minutes. No need to call and request it. It's coming on again soon.

There was one song at the time by Mary Chapin Carpenter I think that I felt was actually tolerable. Something like, "If you think I won't go...Watch Me!!"
Every single other song, and I mean EVERY one of them, sucked beyond sucking.