View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: TWIN PEAKS - PILOT

I'm just too tired to write something deep about this tonight but I just watched the pilot and thought it was pretty interesting. If I can get my hands on season 1 (doubtful) I would be up for discussing it with you guys.

I've never seen Twin Peaks before and didn't know what to expect.

[ QUOTE ]

The pilot does a great job in presenting all this, with a quality and style that you wish you'd see in most feature films. Lynch creates a strange, eerie feel in presenting these small town details, and has enough Lynchian elements (a screaming girl in school for example) to both disconcert and keep you paying close attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. The style is very unusual for a television series. Just strange and fascinating. I rather liked it even though it was campy. It had a strange, eerie feel which completely creeped me out staying up late to watch it by myself. The screaming mother and the crying cop gave me the heebie-geebies. I need one of you guys here to watch it with me. The music didn't help the creepiness factor either.

Like Dom said, the characters are completely unreal (and yeah, Agent Cooper is the coolest) but it works somehow and I can definitely see where I could get hooked. I'm just doubtful I'll be able to find Season 1 so don't want to get too excited about it yet.

(Btw, I don't even know which one was Peggy Lipton but I think her daughter stars in The Office now, right?)