View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: (NLCASH) Phil Ivey vs Durrr

[ QUOTE ]
Tournaments are different than HU cash, Ivey limps a lot HU in tournies not in cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is limping in cash games not a good idea? I imagine that you have to play your position more in tournaments because blinds increase at some point so you can't fold so much. You are in a hurry. You have to play every hand in a position because of the future blind increase. In cash games, blinds does not represent such a portion of your stack so there is not a lot dangerous of being blinded out. Is there any other reason? I don't play cash HU games, but when I make a deposit on tilt, I will.

Does Harrington suggest limping with trash just because of pot odds? Because I find that from some players I can easily steal a lot of small limped pots because they won't defend it as much as big pots (so I can limp and steal then) because they are so small, while with others is vice versa(they don't understand odds, so they think "it is just 20 chips to call). So it depends on the players also.

Am I thinking in the right direction or is there any other reason for Ivey vs Harrington strategy?