View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Neteller and the Monroe Doctrine: Get out of North America or else

[ QUOTE ]
you guys (and by this, I mean both here and the zoo) are so clueless about the way politics work, it's hilarious.

are you freaking kidding me? "we won't prosecute you if you leave the Canadian market"? nobody at the DOJ even knows who the Canadian Prime Minister is, much less their stance on gambling. but that's not all..."we'll go easy on you if you, a private company, stop providing services to a country we're allied with where your services are purportedly legal". YES THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DOJ EXISTS TO DO AND NOT AT ALL AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT, GOOD CALL.

answer: they're backing off because somebody somewhere in Canada told them they should do it, and after seeing what happened in the US/given that all of their support offices are in Canada, nobody wants to go through round 2 up north.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your point. If Canada is the 51st state as the reich-wing often says, then it stands to reason that HQ is as eager to enforce the Christian agenda THERE as they are at home in the US. On top of that, it doesn't help Neteller in this everything-and-anything-to-fight-terrorism world that shadowy things can happen in a forum where money changes hands.

In weighing the two arguments, I don't think your's are effective at refuting his.