Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Spending about $150 on a friend's wedding gift and cigar/cigar products are what I'd like to do. He has a barebones humidor, an expensive lighter but that's it. He is not an expert but he probably has preferences I'm unaware of. I'm not going to ask him what he likes as it would ruin the surprise. Spend my $150 for me.

Unrelated Question #1: If an inexperienced smoker gets sick after smoking, how likely is it that it's related? If anything at all, what are they doing wrong?

Unrelated Question #2: I hate how the smell gets underneath my fingernails/hard to wash out of my hands. Prevention? Remedying the problem once it has already occurred?

Unrelated Question #3: When for whatever reason you get an uneven light how should you fix this? Just smoke through it or relight it?

[/ QUOTE ]

For 150, I would recommend getting him a Nice Cutter/Punch and a box fo Cigars. You say he has a nice lighter already, so a nice Cutter is a great thing to get. Personally I have a Xikar Xi2 and I really like it. You can get it at most cigar stores, I posted a list above, just price check them and get the best price.

For the Cigar Box, I love the Patel Vintages, so I can't argue with that recommendation.

As for the other questions, I still get a little woozy after some of the stronger cigars, but I hope that goes away. Never the Vintages though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . Not sure what to tell you about the smell, I just smoke like one a day and I have a terrible sense of smell anyway.

C-Dog