Thread: Borgata 10 25
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Borgata 10 25

Well that sucked!
If I could choose only one word to describe this long awaited foray into this game, the word undoubtedly would be disaster with a capital 'D'. If you do not want to hear about some really bad play (mostly by me) do not read on, I warn you, it's pretty ugly.
After waiting a little over an hour they got a game going from a full board + about two or three people. The Sat. tourney had almost 600 entries and there were tables all throughout the room. I always think it's kind of interesting to see a $300 tourney player sitting next to a 150/300 stud table with 100k in cash on it but that's just my weird sense of humor.
Anyway on to the game. Minimum buy in for this game is $2500 which is what I bought. One other player also started with this amount and everyone else was deeper. Average stacks were about 5k and one guy bought in for 10k. Borg charges $9 per half in rent, which is actually a pretty good deal considering the stakes. It wasn't too long before I got into my first hand. Not being disciplined enough to fold AA is an expensive habit at this table and I called of $800 of my stack to flopped 2 pr. AA proved to be no better when playing against the deep stack who was happy to call me down to the river to make his flush draw and all of a sudden I am down to about $1300. The next hand that I got involved with really should have been the final warning to me that I did not belong on this game, but instead it sealed my fate. Dealt QQ 2nd to act I call UTG's raise to $125. Five other people call. Flop is 733 and UTG leads out. Sitting here now I cannot tell you wtf was in my mind, but I fold. Every hand I had played so far I had made terrible reads and I didn't want to call down again to see UTG flip over two sevens. When the Q hit on the turn I knew it. It was down to two players, and the original raiser check raised a $700 bet, induced a fold, and then showed a lone Q. Bye bye 4k pot. I was so frustrated I did something that I never do and announced to him (but loud enough for the other player to hear) that I knew he had AQ and that I folded QQ. Bad form, pure frustration and nothing else. I was put out my misery by the deep stack when I moved in, with of all things, QQ to a flop suited in diamonds. The river diamond gave me the Q high flush. A pretty nice hand, unless of course your opponent is holding the A of diamonds.
So all in all it was a complete and utter failure. I have been playing long enough so that I can handle a little bad run of cards, and I can handle NOT being the best player at the table by avoiding situations where I think someone can outplay me in a questionable spot. Having 5 or 6 people who were clearly much better players than I AND hitting a tough run of cards was just too much for this rookie. I've played in some games before that even losing a bit or breaking even I have walked away from saying wow, I hope I can get into that game again. Not this time. Not sure but it may be a while before I play at all again. I can't imagine how to regain my confidence after taking a beating like that.

Cliff notes.
I play 10/25NL at Borgata and lose my arse.