View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 AM

Default TWIN PEAKS - PILOT

TWIN PEAKS - THE PILOT

[ QUOTE ]

Synopsis:

The pilot concerns itself with the discovery of the murder of a well-known, liked girl, Laura Palmer, naked and wrapped in plastic, in the lumber town of Twin Peaks.

It goes through the impact of this discovery within the community, and uses this as a way to introduce us to the characters of the town, show their relatiionships between each other, and show the first stages of the investigation into the murder by Agent Cooper (Kyle Maclaughlin).

[/ QUOTE ]

The pilot does a great job in presenting all this, with a quality and style that you wish you'd see in most feature films. Lynch creates a strange, eerie feel in presenting these small town details, and has enough Lynchian elements (a screaming girl in school for example) to both disconcert and keep you paying close attention. It's a great intro to many of the characters, and having seen it, I enjoy the references to characters unseen but to come (Miguel Ferrer's 'Albert' for example).

I enjoyed the pilot greatly (4th time I've seen it), and have more to say, but was hoping some others might want to comment first...