Thread: Final Four
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Final Four

UCLA is coming together at the right time, after really struggling through the month of February, and the conference tournament. I've played and watched a lot of college hoops in my time and I have NEVER seen more impressive inside defense than UCLA put on Kansas. They flat out took away the paint, and they did it to a really good team; in fact a team I believe is as good as Florida or maybe better. UCLA had KU scouted to a tee, and knew everything they were going to do. This is superior coaching not only by Howlett but by his assistants. No way I'd take the Gators in this matchup. And understand, I am NOT a UCLA fan.

The OSU-GT game is tighter than tight. But I give GT a little edge. I think a lot of this is coaching. JTIII has put in a solid system that reflects his background under Petey Carril. His team plays a lot smarter than the more athletic OSU, who I think will have problems handling the backdoors, etc that the Hoyas will throw at them. While not a "fan" of anybody, I'll admit I have GT on top in my bracket, and continue to believe they can take the whole thing.

So I make it UCLA-GT in the final. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just my $.02 worth...

bc