View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report (long, mostly poker)

sorry.. guess I went over a limit. Here's the rest of this part.

Monday I run bad at communication and cards. Wife tells me they are bringing the kids to the Circus. I of course assume Circus Circus and figure a walk wouldn't hurt me. I stroll down and while I am walking I start to wonder if they meant the midway at the Excalibur. I am pot committed by this time however and finish the jaunt to Circus Circus and fail to find them at either the midway or the adventure dome. I cab back to the MGM and they stroll in minutes later and confirm my suspicion. I can tell you however that the walk from MGM to Bellagio is 15minutes, MGM to TI is 30minutes, and MGM to Circus Circus is 50minutes (important information to make it feel as though my walk was not in vain). I hit the poker room late that night and continue my streak of getting no cards for the first couple of hours I am there. First big hand I get involved with I limp in with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after a couple of limpers and the flop comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. It's checked to me, I bet $15 and get check/raised to $35. He only has $70 left so I put him on a Q or a draw and push. I always put them on a draw. My push gives him pause but my tight image doesn't scare off J8. Wife comes down to join me and I don't think she ran any better than me. Next big hand, I limp A4s and the flop comes A46. I bet $12 and get checkraised to $35. Guy is solid so I just call. Turn is a J, he fires out $40, I raise to $80 and then fold to his push after which he shows me 66 for the flopped set. At some point the topic of conversation got to chips/fake chips etc and the dealer told us a great story which I will keep short. Working girl takes a $1K tourney chip from a poker player for her services one night and then can't cash it in the next day at the cage. Amusing speculation: how funny would it be if she gave him change? I am guessing she didn't get the authorities involved. I continue to run poorly and finish off with this gem. I raise to $11 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and call a reraise from a bad bad player to $35 after another call. Flop comes KQ7, I check, he pushes, other guy folds and I happily call and flip over my hand. He chooses not to flip over his hand until he spikes a set on the turn with TT. It's 6am and that's about all I can take so I leave -$300, +6 Sam Adams and +1 Grand Marnier. (Trip total: -$150, +19SA, +8GM, +3B).

Cliff notes: Played 1/2NL at MGM, drank a bit, walked a bit, ran bad a bit.