View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: What is the AC mechanism, if any, for dealing with

[ QUOTE ]
And I still can't figure how seemingly intelligent people can buy into this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you seem to be focused entirely on the most extremely theoretical points of AC, the legal system. Libertarians can provide very compelling evidence that free markets work in almost all areas of life. Education, labour, health care, etc, and that in many cases the government is a net loss to society. Libertarianism and capitalism arent exactly crazy wild out there theories. Market Anarchist just take it one step further by saying "Well if free markets are so great in all these areas, why wouldnt they also work with legal and police services? It might be kind of confusing at first but there might actually be a solution somewhere."

Arguing about legal system in AC is so academic that its basically a fun intellectual exercise. There is so much that has to be done to get to that point. There is so much that ACers want changed before they are going to get into the nitty gritty of a private legal system. Like I'm an ACist and as much as I'd love to see pure capitalism my two biggest issues with the current system is Iraq (pointless wars in general) and Unionized Government services. Not very controversial.