View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Recent Bannings in Politics Forums since the regime change

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What in the world did Mickey Brausch do to justify getting permanently banned?

[ QUOTE ]
I permabanned Mickey. Mostly because of his past career as Cyrus that most of us are aware of, but partially because of continued snippy, sarcastic replies like the one JMan deleted above. That's not the kind of thing we're going to put up with anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
(Iron81)

[/ QUOTE ]

That one came down from Mason Malmuth once we confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mickey Brausch was the same poster who used the perma-banned account "Cyrus."

[/ QUOTE ]
What. The. [censored].

This sucks. MickeyBraush was one of the smartest politics and SMP posters. MB had to see this coming once Jman of all people became a mod, still waiting for Cyrus's anti-semetic posts BTW.
And i won't go into just how ridiculously stupid using "because of continued snippy, sarcastic replies" as part of the reasoning for PERMA-banning a poster. And don't try to use the "That one came down from Mason Malmuth" line. Not only is it required for either him, RB, or Mat to agree to it but Mason is far from a neutral party in this.

Just want to point out the coincidence (obviously nothing but a coincidence) that after Jman of all people becomes a mod MickeyBraush gets banned.

edit: Let me also point out the irony of Iron81 at the very least not publicly disagreeing with MB's banning, seeing as he was the original poster to don the "Save Cyrus" avatar back when Cyrus was banned.