View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: theblackkeys\' \"Starting Strength\" log

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You may want to add some quicker-absorbing carbs to your post-workout shake. It's necessary for a number of reasons, including spiking your insulin levels, restoring your depleted glycogen stores, and helping your body get out of a catabolic state.

pre, during, post nutrition information. Of particular note is the claim that pre-workout nutrition being more important than post-workout. Interesting. Also seems to be backed up here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that link. I've got dextrose, whey, and casein coming in the mail soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you planning on using these? Dextrose + whey pwo shake? Casein before bed? meal replacements? what? Give me a layout of your daily meals just cause I'm curious. Also what % bf? What ratios in the shakes will you be using?

Finally most important question of all, did you find a good/reliable site where you ordered all 3?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the whey and dextrose is for post-workout in a 2:1 ratio dex/whey (in grams, not volume of scoop). I picked that up from guids, skunk et al. The casein is for before bed, and possibly other times not near a workout.

My eating is not very consistent, but it consists of mostly grocery food. I eat homemade sandwiches pretty often, as well as eggs. I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do, it's usually something decent like subway. I drink a decent amount of milk (skim), probably two gallons a week. Diet soda is a staple in my diet. I've been eating almonds for snacking recently instead of buying baked chips or something. I also eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches pretty often.

What's my bodyfat? I have no idea, but it's probably near the obese range. I don't really care much at this point though. I plan on doing some HIIT to lose fat and look better, but I don't want to disrupt the progress I'm seeing in my lifting right now.

I ordered from bulknutrition.com, I'll let you know whether it's reliable when I receive my order.