View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Ultimatebet Rakeback Calculation Help

[ QUOTE ]
Can i use another example if i may? I once accumulated 2000 points in a week and therefore got 150 dollars for the cash promo and of course the 200 dollars for the bonus with the 2000 ultimatepoints.

During that week, i played 8 tables of 50NL 4hrs per day for the entire 7 weeks and the rakeback calculator showed my rakeback would have been 38 dollars per day. Is my first calculation right or 2nd calculation?

1. I accumulated around 2000 ultimatepoints at the time. When i did the formula you described with the 7.5 percent off bonus, i got 38*7.5percent = 2.85 as the amount deduced from the MGR. Thus I would have made 38 dollars bonus + an additional 35.15 rakeback per day for everyday for the entire 7 days.... which meant i lost 246.05 b/c I didn't have rakeback?

Or is it

2. Instead of just making 350 dollars off bonus and cash for promo, i would have made 150 from the points to cash promo and 246.05 for rakeback+bonus which equals 396.05 and so I lost 46.05 without rakeback?

Srry for using this complicated example b/c I did play this much in one week maybe a month ago and want to know if I did this calculation correct. thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's neither one. In the first example, you've deducted 7.5% of the RB, when you should be deducting 7.5% of the bonus. The second example, well, I don't even know where to start.

Perhaps I'm not doing a very good job of explaining this. Let's just go back to the basics. Your bonus is your bonus, nothing is taken from that, obviously. Same with points for cash. Your share of the rake paid is your MGR...if you have rakeback, this is where your rakeback is calculated from. 25% of any bonus (not your points for cash) is deducted from your MGR, and then your RB is calculated from what is left, 30% being standard at UB I believe.

Now, to go back to your example, there are two ways to calculate this. If you use this figures from the rakeback calculator, they are estimating your MGR for the week at $887 (I worked backwards to get this...(38 * 7)/0.3). $887 - ($200 * 0.25) = $837 * 30% = $251. You missed out on $251 RB. Working the other way, 38 * 7 = $266 - ($200 * 0.075) = 251.

Geez, this all sounds way more complicated than it should be, but I don't know how to make it simple with the examples you gave me. The basic formula is to take your MGR, deduct 25% of any bonuses earned, then take 30% of what is left...that's your rakeback! Hopefully that makes sense.

Now, if you are American, this is all out the window, as Palomino suggested. They've changed how they're deducting the bonus, and I think they are deducting other fees as well.