View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
respect WSEX for coming back so quickly and apologizing for their screw-up.

However, a couple of things don't really sit right with me:

1) The WSEX GM's dismissive attitude when originally replying to DAC. He was so sure of the effectiveness of their "new tools" that there wasn't a doubt in his mind that DAC was guilty. How many other players had their funds taken due to these "false positives" with the new tools? How many of them have since had their money returned?

2) If it wasn't for 2+2, would DAC have gotten his money back? He wasn't getting anywhere with WSEX's customer service, and had been told that their decision was final. If it wasn't for the bad press that WSEX was getting on here, would they have bothered to follow-up with DAC? After all, they were doing absolutely nothing for him until he complained on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have a problem with their attitude. However, it seems to me that a "watch and wait" position seems to be in order. WSEX seems to have earned that chance so far.

From my perspective, this is the first crack in the dike for WSEX - but I'm very willing to keep an open mind, and WSEX deserves at least that much. So far they seem to be totally above board, and I also like the handling of this situation - a quick public apology once they figured out that they were wrong. Anybody can screw up; the question is, what do you do afterwards?

Preliminary indications are that WSEX will listen, that they can learn a lesson, and that they want to improve. That puts them far, far ahead of FTP (for example) in terms of integrity and respect for their customers. Hell, even Stars shut down somebody's grandma (suspected multitabling microlimits with robots!!). Everybody screws up.

We need to keep watching these sites. I realize that this is online poker, and that our selections are very scarce. But it won't always be that way, and we need to take a stand as consumers. We should never be willing to accept less than we would from any other legitimate business just because we crave the product. Let's encourage WSEX to stay one the right path, and let's not patronize the riffraff.