View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Found \"time pot\" really annoying

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played the 20/40 limit holdem game at Borgata. They had something called a "time pot" where people agree that the time charge comes from the first two decent pots after the dealer change. I found this real annoying as it lead to tight play for several hands. Isn't it much easier to just pay the time charge?

Also, it got passed to me in the SB and the BB asked if I wanted to chop. I had a hand and said raise. BB kept going on and on about this. Other people at the table were saying what a jerk I was. I thought you had to agree ahead of time if you wanted to chop.

I found the customs at this game a little strange and everybody thought I was a noobie because I didn't understand them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see about the time pot, but if you arent used to chopping then you could be a newbie. (not because you didnt do it but because you were surprised that someone complained about it)

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand the etiquette and issue. I play mostly online, and play mostly tournaments. I used to play live 2/4-5/10 limit holdem and now play NLHE and 08/Stud8, so I was a noobie to mid limit limit holdem games.