View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: 150/300 stud high reraise or call on 3rd?

[ QUOTE ]
isnt it incorrect for them to chase making it +ev for me???

[/ QUOTE ] That's the point - it won't be very incorrect for them to chase if it's reasonably cheap. Look at avo's sim above - I don't particularly think he has the likely hand ranges great, but even taking those #'s, heads up you're around 38% equity (going from memory, it's close to that) and 4 way you're around 15% to win. The pot is decent sized already - if a raise increases your chances to wint by 2.5x then that's what must be done - else fold. Once a pot gets a few big bets in it, I'm not looking to save a half a bet or a bet, in my mind I want to focus on doing whatever I have to do to win the pot - else I want to fold while the pot's still small.

Now if the guy has Q's he's making a huge mistake not betting 4th, because if he were thinking correctly he'd bet and want you to raise him next to act and shut out the other two. Even if you had KK buried he should still want to bet and get raised, forcing it heads up. Him checking 4th is terrible in my mind if he has queens. In fact, even if he has a drawing hand, once he catches the ace he's either got 4 to broadway or a 3 flush with at least two overcards to your tens. He should *still* want to bet and get raised so it'll get down to heads up.