View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: 150/300 stud high reraise or call on 3rd?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally the antes are not as important here as people seem to think. The pot is 4 handed and 3 bets have gone in by the time the action gets to you... the antes are unlikely to be swinging your decision now.

[/ QUOTE ]
As pure money, no, the antes don't matter as much as the bets. The high ante makes it more likely the other players are over-playing their hands trying to win the pot early, and it should change our reads. If it were a a super-tight structure with the same action (B-I open completes, gets called and then raised by an overcard), our pair of Tens looks like crap. In this structure, it is certainly playable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point actually and I did neglect that.

The reason I did though is I thought the OP said this was 200-400 or something like that, and to my knowledge those limits always have at least moderately large antes.

Plus I'm not really sure this particular sequence of actions has a much different import in a high versus low ante structure.

Imo the Q should be playing aggressively with any playable hand just because of his upcard (and the implied weakness of an open-complete and a call) in any reasonable structure.